Risk is Risk is Risk. All risk is, in principle, the same.
Key information and topics covered
Traditional risk management has developed from the bottom-up and in a risk and business-specific way. This means that certain risks in certain business areas are managed relatively well. This siloed approach has created inconsistencies, limitations, and inefficiencies in collecting, analysing, and managing risk information.
Risk is the effect of uncertainty on objectives (ISO 31000:2018). All risk is the same under this definition, and this is at the core of Enterprise Risk Management (ERM). We should view, analyse, and manage all risks in a consistent way while recognising any nuances for specific risk types.
ERM provides you with a greater level of consistency in managing risk, and as a result, a greater level of understanding and resulting engagement from your staff.
Download this ebook to get a comprehensive view of what true Enterprise Risk Management is and to learn how it addresses the inherent problems in the traditional, siloed non-enterprise approach.
What you will learn
- What is Enterprise Risk Management (ERM)?
- What problems does ERM solve?
- How does ERM solve these problems?
- The ERM ecosystem – How does it all fit together?
- The key elements of an ERM framework
- The key elements of ERM Processes and Systems
- Building an ERM framework that can grow
- The outputs, uses and value proposition of ERM
- Your next steps – making it happen