Enterprise Risk Management. Bringing it to life.
Understand the why, what, how and who of implementing an ERM framework.
In this course, David Tattam, Chief Research and Content Officer at Protecht, provides an introduction to Enterprise Risk Management (ERM), and the value that it brings to an organisation when it is well designed and put into practice.
ERM is all about managing the full range of enterprise risks in a consistent, common, and integrated way so as you deliver a complete aggregated view of risk across the organisation. The key is moving from a siloed, risk and business area centric view of risk to one that is truly enterprise wide.
This course provides the complete jigsaw puzzle that is ERM, covering in a practical way, the elements that make up a strong ERM capability from Governance, People and Culture, Escalation and Reporting and Continuous Improvement, through to a focus on all of the typical systems and processes that need to be in place. These include Risk Assessment, Risk Metrics, Incident Management, Controls Assurance, Issues and Actions Management and Compliance.
The course will build an ERM ecosystem that sets out the complete picture of practical ERM to enable you to develop a blueprint in order to benchmark your current framework and capabilities and assist you in developing your strategy for your Enterprise Risk Management going into the next decade.
In this course, you'll learn:
1. What is ERM?
2. The value of ERM
- Clearly defining and articulating the objectives, purpose, uses and value add of ERM
- Moving risk management from hindrance to outcome management as an enabler
3. Understanding risk and controls
- Having a clear understanding of risk and controls, their components and types
- Using risk bow tie analysis
- Creating a strong risk taxonomy of risk and control libraries
4. An enterprise risk management framework
- The overall ERM ecosystem/framework. The “jigsaw”
- Integrating with, and linking to, strategy and objectives
- The importance of linking through critical processes
- The key parts of the framework
5. The risk management framework components
- Processes and systems
- People and culture
- Escalation, reporting and response
- Continuous improvement
6. ERM Governance
- Risk appetite
- Three lines model
- Frameworks and policies
- Roles, responsibilities and accountabilities
7. Processes and systems
- Risk assessment
- Incident management
- Risk metrics
- Issues and actions
- Controls assurance
8. Escalation, reporting and response
- Dynamic and integrated risk reporting and analytics
- Assurance and early warnings
- Using for decision making
9. Continuous improvement
- Issues and actions management
- Risk treatment
10. People & culture
- Everyone’s a risk manager
- Risk culture
- Roles, responsibilities, accountabilities and ownership
- Watch 27 videos
- Answer 13 knowledge questions
- Answer 10 quiz questions
- 3 hours 30 minutes of video content
- 4-5 hours for the whole course
US$600 payable by credit card on registration
You can purchase this course on-demand via Protecht Academy. You'll need to log in or register to Protecht Academy in order to purchase and access the course.
A 10-minute sample version of this course is available for free if you register for Protecht Academy. Simply sign up and follow the instructions to access the free sample course.
Please contact Protecht directly if you would like to discuss packages to implement this training across your organisation. Bulk discounts are available and packages can be invoiced in your local currency.
Chief Research and Content Officer
David Tattam is the Chief Research & Content Officer and co-founder of the Protecht Group. David's vision is to redefine the way the world thinks about risk and to develop risk management to its rightful place as being a key driver of value creation in each of Protecht's customers.
David is the driving force in taking Protecht's risk thinking to the frontiers of what is possible in risk management and to support the uplift of people risk capability through training and content.
Research and Content Lead
Michael Howell is Protecht's Research and Content Lead. He is passionate about the field of risk management and related disciplines, with a focus on helping organisations succeed using a ‘decisions eyes wide open’ approach.
Michael is a Certified Practicing Risk Manager whose curiosity drives his approach to challenge the status quo and look for innovative solutions.