Compliance risk is an operational risk and should be managed accordingly.
Key information and topics covered
Even though most organisations will advocate the importance of controls, controls are usually not well understood or managed.
This often leads to a control framework that inadequately addresses risk, is not effective, is not fit for purpose and is cumbersome and costly to manage and maintain.
What you will learn
- The essential elements of controls
- How a control modifies risk
- The main types of controls
- Which measures should be recorded in a risk and control register
- Control monitoring and assurance
- Reporting on the control environment