Risk appetite statements and frameworks.
Improving your knowledge and skills around setting risk appetite and tolerance for your organisation’s key risks.
The setting of an organisation's risk appetite is a critical component of a robust risk management framework.
In this workshop, David Tattam, Chief Research and Content Officer at Protecht Group, focuses on improving knowledge and skills in relation to setting risk appetite and tolerance for your organisation’s key risks.
By the end of this course you will gain insights into how to develop a comprehensive Risk Appetite Framework for your organisation.
In this course, you'll learn:
- The uses and value of risk appetite
- What risk appetite is and what it means
- A risk appetite framework
- Determining risks to set appetite for
- Articulating risk appetite
- Appetite articulation and evaluation zones
- Setting appetite and tolerance for outcome and risks
- Using the likelihood and impact matrix
- Setting tolerances for financial & non-financial risks
- The risk appetite statement
- Operationalising the risk appetite
- Risk reporting using risk appetite
- Who is responsible for risk appetite and who should use it
- When risk appetite should be used and revised
- Watch 23 videos
- Answer 4 knowledge questions
- Complete 1 interactive risk appetite test
- Answer 10 quiz questions
- 3 hours of video content
- Approximately 4 hours for the whole course
US$600 payable by credit card on registration
You can purchase this course on-demand via Protecht Academy. You'll need to log in or register to Protecht Academy in order to purchase and access the course.
Chief Research and Content Officer
David Tattam is the Chief Research & Content Officer and co-founder of the Protecht Group. David's vision is to redefine the way the world thinks about risk and to develop risk management to its rightful place as being a key driver of value creation in each of Protecht's customers.
David is the driving force in taking Protecht's risk thinking to the frontiers of what is possible in risk management and to support the uplift of people risk capability through training and content.
Research and Content Lead
Michael Howell is Protecht's Research and Content Lead. He is passionate about the field of risk management and related disciplines, with a focus on helping organisations succeed using a ‘decisions eyes wide open’ approach.
Michael is a Certified Practicing Risk Manager whose curiosity drives his approach to challenge the status quo and look for innovative solutions.